Sunday, October 24, 2010

Freddy's House

I started working on my version of a Freddy's House quilt back in 2002 when a pattern appeared in Quiltmaker magazine.  I worked on it diligently for a while and then set it aside.  Once in a while, I would get out the blocks I had worked on and look at them, thinking that I should get back to piecing it.  I would buy fat quarters of fun fabrics and add them to my stash, still not sewing anything.  And then last weekend, I started working on the quilt blocks again.  I'm up to 17 blocks with only 31 to go!  Yikes - maybe I'll make the quilt smaller.  Here is a sample of my blocks:

I've been printing some of my favorite photos onto fabric to use them as doors or windows.



Perhaps by posting my blocks, I'll be inspired to continue working on the quilt! 




1 comment:

Search This Blog